In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. ~José Narosky

Thursday, September 9, 2010

martha

I am having a really hard time over here in vietnam. I miss my girl martha so much, shes all i think about. I love her with all of my heart and thats the worst part. my hearts with her not here in vietnam with my men. i cant focus on anything at all. my mind wanders to martha with every step i take. i have a new found hatred though... i burned her pictures last night because i realized she will never love me as i do her. Her face still burns in my mind though and its a sick true love. sick because today one of my men died because i was not here at war looking out for him i was on the sandy beaches of jersey shore with my darling martha. the thought of one of my men dying because of my carelessness will haunt me as long as im here. true because i will always love her even though i know she will not love me back. but here in this cold world im in i will move forward and continue to breath, think, and live martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment